Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Every happy ending needs a beginning...


   As the title says "Every happy ending needs a beginning", and mine begins with a little girl who spent her life eating her feelings. I'd love to sit here and say that I just have issues with portion control but I would be lying to you. Ever since I was a toddler I have been an emotional eater. My Grandma and mom were always telling me stories about how I would hide entire blocks of cheese around the house and save them for later. Although they seem like funny stories from my childhood they are the root of my weight gain. I have NEVER experienced what it is like to be of an average weight and size. For as long as I can remember I've always been a chunky monkey, and recently I've come to realize that I cannot be so accepting of this.


   This past October I married an amazing man, my husband Ryan, who loves me just the way I am. As we began pondering the future we both realized that we need to get healthy, me especially because I'll be the one growing little humans inside me when we decide to start a family. I've tried several diets over the years, haven't had any success and did a lot of research about surgical options. In the end I have decided to go with the SLEEVE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1w8bxItT0)and I wanted to do this blog for other people considering the surgery. I haven't been fortunate enough to find any yet, so I thought I'd be the first.

I'll cover preparing for the surgery, recovering, tracking my weight-loss journey, emotional developments, everyday life, recipes....everything good and bad on my way to being a healthier me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment