Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Biggest Loser

     One of my favorite shows right now is The Biggest Loser! It's my first time watching it from the beginning of the season all the way through the end, and there's definitely a reason for that. I always felt embarrassed that these people were changing their lives and I wasn't. How do you justify being obese and sitting on your butt while you watch other people lose weight?! I would watch the first 2 episodes of the season and then tune in for the finale. That's where I left it.

   This season has been very different for me because I'm in a completely different mental space too. I'm losing weight and I'm not watching the show from my couch...I'm watching it from an elliptical or treadmill. The theme of this season is "SECOND CHANCES" and the timing couldn't be better. I know it sounds super cliche but I can completely relate to the theme and to these contestants now. I get that they have world class trainers and dieticians working with them to produce amazing results, but at the end of the day the struggle is the same for everyone. You stop caring about yourself and stop thinking that you're worth saving. You feel like you aren't living up to your fullest potential or that you're disappointing the people you care about most.

   There was one particular contestant that I related to immediately and her name is RACHEL!!! She was athletic, had potential to be extremely successful in high school, and she lost herself. I feel like I was in a very similar boat before my surgery and I've been rooting for her since day #1. I almost feel like if she wins I will win too. This week was "Makeover Week" and the final weigh in before the finals, so I felt like bragging about my Rachel a little bit.

    This was her "Before and After" from Makeover Week...Can you imagine what it's going to be at the finale?! So far she's lost over 100 lbs. and she is an absolute beast in the gym. Whenever I watch her work out I find myself pushing myself harder on whichever cardio machine I'm on.

   This was from one of her first workouts on the ranch. Like I said....she's a total BEAST! I can only hope to be that intense someday. I think I'm getting there though!

No comments:

Post a Comment