Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Physical Bucketlist



A couple weeks ago I was reading a Westways magazine and there was an article about all the bike trails available to SoCal residents and I found some great ones not too far from my town. So it got me thinking about all the things I haven't been able to do because I'm overweight and out of shape. There are simple things I used to take for granted, like riding a bike, playing basketball for hours, jogging, etc. I used to be very active and played basketball from 4th grade through high school...and being physical is something I'd like to get back to. I am walking weekly but I don't want to stop there. I got inspired to make a "PHYSICAL BUCKETLIST" if you will...a list of physical goals that I would like to acheive at some point in my life. So here is the start of it, as I'm sure I'll add to it:

PHYSICAL BUCKETLIST:
  • Bike ride around Santorini. I would love to take a ride from Oia to Akrotiri and just enjoy the view.
  • Walk up the Spanish Steps without needing to stop for a breathe.
  • swim with dolphins
  • zip line in Hawaii
  • go kayaking around the Channel Islands and explore the aurrounding cave
  • do a mud run
  • participate in "BIKE THE BAY"
  • ride a wave on a surfboard
  • climb the pyramids at Chichen Itza
  • learn how to skateboard
  • ride the bike trail between Ventura and Ojai
and.... DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON 2013!

Since I am a Disney fanatic I think it's only fitting that my first big physical goal be something Disney related. So as soon as this surgery is complete and I get to okay to start jogging, I'm going to start training for the half marathon. Hopefully I can get there in a year, but we'll just have to wait and see!


No comments:

Post a Comment