Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Art of Selection

 
   One of the things I have struggled with the most is feeding myself like I'm fueling myself. At school we have unlimited access to hot dogs, burgers, slurpees, sodas, chips and candy. However I am so proud of my school for changing things up and offering healthy options for students. Both cafeterias on campus have salad bars and fresh fruit now! My favorite new addition is the omlet bar...it has been my saving grace. I rarely have time to make a good breakfast, so right after my Chemistry class I am ravenous. My go-to choice has now become an omlet with mushrooms, onion, spinach, cheese and ham. Yummy! It's packed with protein and veggies and it fills me up until I get home for a snack at 3pm. If I know I can't go home right after school I will usually take some fruit salad to snack on for the drive home from Santa Barbara. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment