Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Adventures in Research Land!

   Now that my surgery is right around the corner, I am beginning to focus more on my post-op care and nutrition guidelines. I have spent the last week looking online to see if there were any recipes books for Sleeve patients and I found several claiming to be of help. But in actuality I was able to narrow it down to 2 amazing books:

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery
&
Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies

   By far the "Dummies" book is my favorite. Not only does it provide you with healthy recipes, but it also tells you what to stock in your pantry and give you ideas for substituting things you used to use and eat everyday for healthy choices. Another thing I loved about it was that some of the recipes were even for protein shakes and the "mushy" food phase. It also explains the science behind your new diet and how to use food as fuel. Awesome!
 
 
This book was also pretty good, but it isn't going to be of much use until 4-6 months post-op when you can eat normally again. I decided to order the "Dummies" book first because it was going to be the best immediate option.

Me and my book hunting buddy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment