Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Adventures in the Hotel Gym

 
   I was determined to use the fitness center at our hotel, especially after that revelation I had at Tahoe Joe. The only problem was that I spent so much time worrying about where to make a reservation for dinner that I forgot gym clothes. So naturally I hunted down a Ross Dress for Less and we purchased shoes, socks, a t-shirt and leggings to wear while I worked out. Can't you tell how excited and proud of myself I was?!

    Then I met the "Evil Elliptical"... a special name given by Ryan and myself. Not only was it the only piece of equipment that worked, but it was built to sabotage your workout! It literally pushed you forward and the handles that track your heart rate are awkwardly placed so that you can't stay balanced. A 35 minute cardio session turned into 35 minutes from hell. I pulled a muscle in my arm...how does that happen?!
   This is my amazingly supportive husband realizing that I wasn't lying about the machine. He only lasted 18 minutes and I'm not going to lie...I felt pretty awesome for outlasting him. I just hope that the next time we go to a hotel gym it will be a better experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment