Monday, September 10, 2012

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

   This past June Ryan and I took a trip to Chicago. As soon as we got back I uploaded our photos and quickly realized that there were MANY photos of food...and us eating food. One day I mentioned it to my mom and she told me, "Yeah. If you look at your facebook there are a ton of food pictures." So I went home and took a look: SHE WAS RIGHT! Then I proceeded to look through our scrapbooks and it was the same thing. To prove to you what I'm talking about I took pictures of our honeymoon scrapbook:
Night #1: Our suite cases still hadn't caught up with us from the airport, but nothing could get us down. We had been married for 24 hours  and were eating our first married meal together (didn't get to eat much at the wedding) at KOUZZINA, Iron Chef Cat Cora's restaurant at Disney world. There's a lamb shank, steak, 2 desserts of some sort and the hummus platter.

Night #2: Hawaii buffet/family style dinner at OHANA at the Polynesian. They had noodles, steamed veggies, pot stickers, wings, shrimp, pork, chicken and a dessert that rocked our world. Did I mention they also sat us right by the window so we had the PERFECT view of the firework show over Cinderella's Castle?!

   When we were on our honeymoon the EPCOT INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL was in full swing! Prepare yourself because the following pictures were only about 2/3 of the actual food we ate over the course of 2 days. I'm not even kidding!!! There were booths set up for over 30 countries and we had a pre-paid gift card that we received as a wedding gift. $200 worth of food & drink!

Cheese fondue with a mini baguette, shrimp on the barbie, & lamb


chicken gyro and fried Greek cheese (with pistachios and honey)

Shepard's pie, desserts samplers, jerked chicken and Korean BBQ short rib

escargot (one of my favorites), creme brulee & beef and mashed potatoes

baguettes and various french pastries...and my super cute hubby pretending to be French

sushi!!!

Moroccan yuminess!

Our last dinner on our honeymoon...Wolfgang Puck! Ryan got the bacon-wrapped meatloaf. I got the chicken and mashed potatoes. Dessert was creme brulee for both of us...then a ghiradeli's sundae later.


I think that I will be periodically posting some of these so everyone can see what a huge role food played in my life. Maybe it can help someone else out there stop planning their trips around food....kinda like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment