Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cruisin' in the Carribean


   Anyone would be thrilled to be headed to the Caribbean for their summer vacation, but not everyone is working with a nutritionist to make lifestyle changes. Before my Disney Cruise I was experiencing quite a bit of anxiety because of my previous eating habits on vacations. I've always had problems with food on vacations because my vacations are always about food. We've always planned out our days based on where we wanted to eat...which you know from seeing my previous blogs about my honeymoon scrapbook. So this trip was extra tough because I was making great progress with my nutritionist and I was afraid of slipping back into my old ways.

   I'm proud to let you all know that I was incredibly successful by only gaining 3 pounds, 2 of which I lost the week after I returned. I also made sure I didn't take pictures of all my meals. I made a real effort to eat protein filled meals, cut out a lot of soda and sample items instead of eating everything on my plate. I only took pictures of the truly amazing:

ESCARGOT

CREME BRULEE

TURKEY LEG ON PIRATE NIGHT! WE EACH TOOK A FEW BITES AND WERE DONE SAMPLING IT.

JUST ONE OF THOSE PICTURES THAT ARE FUN TO LOOK AT.
ST. THOMAS, US VIRGIN ISLANDS

SAMPLED 2 OF THE 3 ITEMS ON THE PLATE

LOBSTER! I ONLY HAD A COUPLE BITES OF THE OTHER ITEMS ON THE PLATE.


No comments:

Post a Comment