Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Never Say Never

   So I am proud to say that I have been keeping up with my exercise routine! I was "checking-in" through facebook every single time I went to the gym, but then I started to realize that I was doing it for the praise. I should go to the gym just for me. So I am! And one day when I was at the gym I saw a commercial for Dr. Feiz, my doctor for the sleeve surgery. It got me thinking, "Hey, I haven't heard from Beverly Hills Physicians since....OCTOBER!!!" That day I called and Luli shot me a text message. Basically what she told me is that she completed everything and that now my file was in Dr. Feiz possession. She also assured me that she would call them and find out the status of my surgery. 

   I never heard back from her. I gave her 2 days, found the phone number for Dr. Feiz's office, and called them myself. The most amazing woman, named Rebecca, immediately went into action trying to find my file and find out what the heck happened. She wasn't able to find out what the problem was that day, but called me to let me know she hadn't forgotten about me and was waiting to hear back from insurance.  The next day she told me some really upsetting news. My insurance wasn't covered my Dr. Feiz's office and Luli knew it that entire time. She led me to believe that everything was progressing as it should be and, if I wanted my surgery approved sooner, I needed to not call her for updates weekly. 

   So I did! I talked to her the first week of October and left her alone until the February 5th. That is four months! And when I contacted her I did it through a text message because I've learned that's the only way to get through to her. She never answers phone calls or calls you back when you leave her voicemails. She's just going to text you anyway! LULI WASTED 4 MONTHS OF MY LIFE & I AM ANGRY! 

   But when I talked to Rebecca she was able to ease some of that anger and she arranged a meeting time with Dr. Feiz so that we could discuss what happened and a financing option. That will be tomorrow and I'm hoping that everything goes well and that we are able to come to some sort of solution that works for everyone. Just keep me in your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment